The swirling rate of progress in research is enabling the increasingly important presence of ROBOT in both work and domestic environments.
As a result of this spread, a legal regulation of the robotic phenomenonis being developed at international level, in order to ensure the safety of people, respect for privacy and the proper development of this phenomenon. technology in relation to rights and freedoms.
For companies affected by robotics and artificial intelligence,there are several areas of impact:
- Robotics in industry, which has seen a wide spread thanks to the interconnection of systems and sensors (M2M communication) that go far beyond human perception.
- Urban robotics and self-driving vehicles
- Medical and health robotics
- Military robotics
The most critical issues, with which strategic and legal advice must necessarily be anticipated, are:
- Legal status (legal capacity, ability to act, electronic personality)
- Robotics market and consumer law
- Robotics and labour law
- Robotics and Criminal Responsibility
- Robotics and intellectual property
- Robotics and data protection
- Civil and robotic responsibilities
- Conflict management and robotics
Fully understand the socio-legal effects of robotics and artificial intelligence it is extremely difficult, as the implementation of an organic and specific discipline is still in the pipeline; Moreover, this will necessarily have to coordinate with the current regulatory systems, designed to regulate similar phenomena, which however do not fit to regulate such unique and disruptive technologies (think robotics and intelligent automation artificial).
This complexity and the consequent system of uncertainty in commercial decisions requires legal assistance of high specialization, due to the critical consequences of the launch on the market of a robotic product that could be does not comply with current regulations.
We have been assisting companies and research centres since the R&D phase, so that already in the research and development of products and services, compliance with the national and international regulatory framework is implemented, thus avoiding wasteful and uneconomical product recalls and legal and reputational risk exposure, protecting corporate assets.